€8.75 Excl. VAT
per linear metre
To prevent pigeons and similar birds from landing and spoiling your property
- Protects spaces up to 200 mm(8”)
- Highly effective and humane
- Easy to put up – silicone adhesive, screws or cable ties
- 25-year “no-rust” warrantee
- Same day despatch if ordered before 2 pm
- Free delivery over €150 (excluding VAT)
- Discounts for quantities (see below)
- You can return unused spikes to us for full refund
- Made from UV stabilized polycarbonate base with 304 grade stainless steel wires
- Each strip is 330mm long (i.e. 3 per metre) and the spikes are 112mm high
Special note: see tab below
Order number of metres below
129 metres in stock , allow 7 days for larger quantities
WIDE STAINLESS STEEL SPIKES
Strip Length = 337mm;
Pin Height = 112mm
Pin diameter = 1.42mm
Ledge protection = up to 200mm
Warranty = 25 years
Made from = UV stabilized polycarbonate base with 304 grade stainless steel wires
Defender® 8 Wide Stainless Steel Bird Prevention Spikes will get rid of birds from ledges, nesting and roosting sites with a depth of up to 20 cm (8 inches).
If the ledge or roosting site is smaller than 20 cm you may want to consider using our Defender® 4 Narrow Bird Spikes which is able to protect a ledge of up to 10 cm (4 inches).
The Defender® 8 Narrow Stainless Steel Bird Prevention Spike is 33.4 cm or 13 inches long. To cover a 1 metre length ledge or roosting site you will need 3 strips. The angled stainless steel pins protruding from the polycarbonate plastic base will prevent birds and pigeons from attempting to land on any ledge or roosting site
Along the underside of the base of Defender® Spikes are 4 grooves, which can be snapped by hand to create 5 shorter lengths, each measuring 6.5 cm and each having the correct angled span of pin protection. This means smaller ledges and uneven surfaces can be securely protected from persistent birds.
Humane Treatment of Birds
All Defender™ Bird Prevention Spike products have been approved by the RSPB as the most humane way of preventing birds from being able to land without injury or harm. The stainless steel pins stop the birds from being able to land, roost or nest. As the spikes make it uncomfortable for birds, they move on safely, without injury, to a new nesting site.
- These spikes are for protection against pigeons and similar size birds.
- DO NOT use these if you have problems with smaller birds such as sparrows, starlings etc. Use our Defender Thistle or similar product.
Pricing & Delivery
- Quantity discounts as follows:
- There is a standard carriage charge of €10 plus VAT per order that will be applied at checkout. FREE DELIVERY on orders over €150 (not including VAT)
We are quite happy to send you a free sample of any products you want to look at before ordering.
(It will not be a full length but probably about 1/3rd of normal but will enable you to assess it.)
All we ask is that you initially cover the cost of carriage at €6.99 BUT if you order later we will refund that against your purchase.
To order, please click on the button below which will take you to a page where you can make your selection.