€16.45 Excl. VAT
per linear metre
To keep pigeons and similar birds from window sills that have outward opening windows
- Specifically designed for protecting a window sill from birds, yet still being able to open the window.
- This window ledge spike fixes to the bottom of the actual window frame, so moves with the window when it opens. When the window is shut, the spike sits just above the sill, deterring all birds and pigeons from perching or roosting there
- Highly effective and humane
- Easy to put up – either screw or glue to window frame
- 25-year “no-rust” warrantee
- Same day despatch if ordered before 2 pm
- Free delivery over €150 (excluding VAT)
- Discounts for quantities (see below)
- You can return unused spikes to us for full refund
- Made from UV stabilized polycarbonate base with 304 grade stainless steel wires
- Each strip is 330mm long (i.e. 3 per metre) and the spikes are 112mm high
(NOTE: the illustrations shown on this page are for the PLASTIC SPIKE version of the window spikes, but we are offering this in the STAINLESS STEEL version for customers who would prefer the extra durability, appearance and longer guarantee of stainless steel)
Order number of metres below
28 metres in stock
OPENING WINDOW STEEL SPIKES
For ease of packing, the clips are supplied seperately from the spike, but can easily be clipped on to the base at each end of each strip. We also add 1 extra clip per metre ordered in case you have to split a strip to fit a smaller area .
Along the underside of the base of Defender® Spikes are 4 grooves, which can be snapped by hand to create 5 shorter lengths, each measuring 6.5 cm and each having the correct angled span of pin protection. This means smaller ledges and uneven surfaces can be securely protected from persistent birds.
Humane Treatment of Birds
All Defender™ Bird Prevention Spike products have been approved by the RSPB as the most humane way of preventing birds from being able to land without injury or harm. The stainless steel pins stop the birds from being able to land, roost or nest. As the spikes make it uncomfortable for birds, they move on safely, without injury, to a new nesting site.
For STANDARD gutters, For OG gutters
- These spikes are for protection against pigeons and similar size birds.
- DO NOT use these if you have problems with smaller birds such as sparrows, starlings etc.
- For ease of packing, the clips are supplied seperately from the spike, but can easily be clipped on to the base at each end of each strip. We also add 1 extra clip per metre ordered in case you have to split a strip to fit a smaller area .
- Also available with plastic spikes
Pricing & Delivery
- Quantity discounts as follows:
- There is a standard carriage charge of €10 plus VAT per order that will be applied at checkout. FREE DELIVERY on orders over €150 (not including VAT)
We are quite happy to send you a free sample of any products you want to look at before ordering.
(It will not be a full length but probably about 1/3rd of normal but will enable you to assess it.)
All we ask is that you initially cover the cost of carriage at €6.99 BUT if you order later we will refund that against your purchase.
To order, please click on the button below which will take you to a page where you can make your selection.