€9.99 Excl. VAT
per linear metre
We have brought this speciality spike in to our range to deal with a few situations that arise in bird prevention that the standard spikes are unable to handle.
However, if space to fix them is limited, then this spike is a good alternative.
With two sets of spikes on one side only, they fit neatly into small spaces, and can be fitted with the spikes horizontal (whereas with normal spikes we recommend fitting vertically).
They can also be used in the following situations:
- Where there is not enough room to fix our standard spikes
- Where the profile of your gutter will not accept our normal gutter spikes (see diagrammes below for suggestions)
- Where you want to prevent birds getting under roof tiles and you cannot use our Eave Combs
- Any situation where the design of these spikes solves a problem
Please go to our DESCRIPTION section (below) for more information and suggestions.
(They also work well for protecting the underside of solar panels)
- Protects approximately 145 mm (5.3/4”)
- Has 80 spikes per metre
- Same day despatch if ordered before noon
- Free delivery over €150 (excluding VAT)
- Stainless steel spikes, polycarbonate base
- Each strip is 50cm long (i.e 2 per metre)
- Height of spikes = 10.5 cm (4”)
- Fix with silicone adhesive, screws or cable ties
- 10-year Warranty
Order number of metres below
72 metres in stock , allow 7 days for larger quantities
If the profile of your gutter does not fit those shown on the product page, them these might solve the problem for you.
IF the birds are perching on the outer edge or the inner edge of the gutter and there is a lip there, then you may be able to fix these spikes as shown below (not to scale). If they are on the inner lip, then see the other sketch.
The best product for preventing even smaller birds getting udber the roof tiles is our Eave Comb, but this does involve lifing the bottoom row of tiles to fit them. With older tiles this may be a problem, so these spikes may be able to be fitted to solve that problem.
Here is an example of how they may be fitted (if you don’t want them to be permanently fixed, you might fit them to a wooden batten frst which can then be fitted where shown):
|Diagrammatic representation of where to fix base of spikes
in relation to roof tiles
SPECIALITY BIRD SPIKE
- Length = 500mm (19.7″)
- Width = 80 cm (3.1″)
- Height = 95 mm (3.3/4″)
- Protects up to = 145 mm (5.3/4″)
- Spikes per 1 metre = 80
- Spike thickness = 1.3mm (0.05″)
- Base = UV-resistant polycarbonate WONDERLITE PC 115U
- Spikes = Stainless spring steel EN 1.4310
Each strip of Speciality Bird Spike is 500 mm (almost 20 inches) long. 2 strips are needed to protect a one metre length of ledge.
Humane Treatment of Birds
Although these spikes may look aggressive, it is a humane bird control solution and does not hurt the birds at all. The fan of pins act initially as a visual deterrent to birds wanting to land and most will move on to more accessible areas. If they are more determined the dense pattern of the pins mean
Pricing & Delivery
- Quantity discounts as follows:
- There is a standard carriage charge of €10 plus VAT per order that will be applied at checkout. FREE DELIVERY on orders over €150 (not including VAT)
We are quite happy to send you a free sample of any products you want to look at before ordering.
(It will not be a full length but probably about 1/3rd of normal but will enable you to assess it.)
All we ask is that you initially cover the cost of carriage at €6.99 BUT if you order later we will refund that against your purchase.
To order, please click on the button below which will take you to a page where you can make your selection.